Monday, March 2, 2015

Dr. Seuss Day~

I am not a big fan of Dr. Seuss but my kids sure are so they were all about
celebrating his birthday today.
We gathered all our books, listening tapes, and movie~
Then began the read-a-thon!
We also watched a couple of YouTube documentaries about Dr. Seuss' life
and found a drawing tutorial that we all enjoyed~
 I drew on the white board [don't laugh Amelia!]
and they each followed along in their journals~
 I also printed their picture and they made themselves as ____ in the Hat~
 Had to have a little cooking activity and what better thing than~
 Green Eggs and Ham!
They all actually ate them and I couldn't believe it!!!
Guess it's better to serve for lunch:)

Loved the times I caught SJ reading Dr. Seuss books alone and to her brothers~
She is definitely a Dr. Seuss fanatic 
and it is just perfect for a new confident reader like her.
Happy birthday Dr. Seuss... looking forward to the new book coming out this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment