Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas in the Country~

Christmas in the Country by Cynthia Rylant is always one of my favorite books 
each year probably because I am a country girl at heart~
 I made the kids muffins to enjoy while listening to the story 
and while we read, they loved comparing all the details to memommy and pop!
A really good comparison!

I had a Christmas lights graph and each got a bag of light bulbs to sort, count, and graph~
 The big girls and boys were independent and I worked with bitty girls then
EK helped the boys record their data.
It is always fun to see them excited for the one that 'won'.

Next we brought out the Spot It Games~
 Big girls played Spot It English,
Boys played original Spot It
and Bitty girls played Spot It Jr. Animals.

I also pulled out a new FUN Math book, Bedtime Math today~
 We read the math problem about hot peppers and needed a dry erase board but
since we are at Savannah's this week, I didn't have one.
I looked in the App story and found a free chalkboard app.
Perfect and we were able to work out our problems then have free time with this new app.
We are loving our time with BC this week~
and gave him a little school work as well!!!

{All links on this post are affiliate links from Amazon}

No comments:

Post a Comment