Our VERY Favorite Thanksgiving book is Cranberry Thanksgiving~
Can't you tell from their laughing happy faces?
I found a fabulous video to watch about How they Grow? Cranberries~
Then had a little taste test!
MY very Favorite part of this story is the silhouette page which leads us to make our own.
SO how do I do it?
1. Sit child in front of the window and grab your camera to shoot a photo from the side.
(Make take several tries... be sure to shoot close enough so whole head fills the frame)
2. Print the photo onto piece of copy paper
(I print black and white to save color ribbon)
3. Hold copy and black construction paper then carefully cut around the face
(Cut slowly so to get every detail you can)
(I let them glue the black and white copy in their journals)
4. Once cut flip black silhouette to back and completely cover with rubber cement then attach to white tagboard
5. Use washi tape on clothespins to create cute clips and hang on a strand of burlap~
Hang as a beautiful decoration for Thanksgiving~
"The days are long, but the years are short."
~ Gretchen Rubin, The Happiness Project