Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Witch with a Twitch~

I had all sorts of books when I taught school way back in the day
and my children now LOVE reading them all this time of year.
We're not all that big on scary things related to Halloween 
but this book was a perfect one to help turn scary over to God...
The Witch with a Twitch with a black cat named Kitch ~
{love the rhyme theme!}
 We read the book together and stopped along the way to discuss real and make-believe
plus make predictions of what might happen next.
The witch in the story was a scaredy cat and I asked them what the Bible said about being scared.
They all talked about our Steve Green song...
'When I am afraid' and we sang together then decided~
We are NOT scaredy cats in Jesus and found the scripture in the Bible to write on our door!
We all traced/decorated scaredy cats and copied our verse Psalm 56:3~
 They turned out adorable and are tucked away in our journals 
so we can remember this important truth~
Psalm 56:3
When I am afraid, I will trust in God!


No comments:

Post a Comment