Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Journals Organized~

As long as I have been teaching I have always used composition books for journals for lots of reasons.
From the beginning of our homeschool journey, this has been our choice as well.
We write everything in them, glue art in them, add little books we make,
and all subjects are in one place.
Journals work well for us just because it is a simple format...
one book for all things we want to keep or remember.
You can imagine in the future we will have a bunch so this weekend,
Scott bought me 6 different rolls of duck tape~
and I began coding the binding of the journals.
One roll for each child and all have been taped and dated.
It will be super easy for them to pull their old journals to look back
over their work.
I can tell you I LOVED looking through them today!
Sweet memories all organized and proof of all the work we do each day as we learn together!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Can you share more about what all goes into these journals? We have started a copywork journal but I love the idea of adding more things to them so they are all in one place over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Love it Love it!!!! I tend to put everything in binders & they are not very fun to look through. What a fabulous idea with the duck tape! So SMART!!! I need you to teach Holly writing....she's ready to move beyond dictation & she is doing great, but it so NOT her favorite!

    ReplyDelete