Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Miss Rumphius Connection~

Today we read Miss Rumphius again and it's amazing what the kids discover new each time we read.
We focused on the science of seeds and seed travel by watching a cute video... Sid the Seed and matching seeds to the plant~
Another great skill we often discuss is a connection we might have with a book.
I think Miss Rumphius just might be one of my all time favorite stories.
I LOVE the general theme of making the world more beautiful.
We each took turns thinking of ways we could do just this and I decided to tell them a story to illustrate {connect}~

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Sharon Martin who lived on a dairy farm with her family.
She loved her life as a farm girl and had a family that encouraged her to chase her dreams.
She went to school, learned as much as she could, got married, and had three beautiful daughers, Savannah, Amelia, and Rosemary.

{THIS is when they realized I was telling a story about me. :)

My world was SO beautiful but I had two very sad days when two of my babies went to heaven to live with Jesus.
Sometimes in the sad times, God is able to bring us close enough to whisper His even more beautiful plan.
This is when HE put China in my heart and I started chasing the dream of each one of you!
He sent me to Chongqing for EK, to Fujian for SJ and WP, to Shanxi for PC, and Henan for EC.
And we aren't even done!

NOW I sit right here on the floor with you and am in awe of
 EVERYTHING BEAUTIFUL 
God has given me in each of you.
Is my world more beautiful because of my life with dad and all nine of my children?
YES!
SO Beautiful!
So you see... My world is more beautiful all because of God's great plan to bring our family together in such a perfect way.
I can't imagine life without any of you and look forward to watching what God has planned for your lives as well!

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment