Sunday, September 1, 2013

Plans and Schedules~

Plans and schedules are key when schooling, cleaning, and cooking for a semi-big family.
Over the summer I tried to clean every two weeks on a Free Friday
(I cleaned and kids played)
but decided cleaning all in one day just didn't work for us
(can't miss a day of school)
so I have gone back to a cleaning schedule and it worked great this week.
My SIL Amy shared a great Peek at the Week printable this week with me and I LOVE it.
I am able to record meals, things to do, errands, etc right on one sheet.

On Saturday I made out our week of menus for all three meals and made our grocery list.
I am very blessed that Scott is very willing to go to the store for me!

Our Menus this Week:
Breakfasts: cereal/muffins, eggs/bacon, sausage/egg casserole, waffles, baked oatmeal, and pancakes
Lunches: ham/biscuits/veg, ham/cheese/fruit/pretzels, nutella sandwiches/fruit, mac and cheese, noodles or rice
Dinners: Calzones/salad, grilled burgers/pasta salad, spaghetti, tacos, BBQ chicken/baked potatoes, Mexican out, leftovers
Snack in the afternoon after rest
 
Cleaning for the Week:
Monday: Laundry for Scott and I~ clothes, sheets, towels
Tuesday: Dust, straighten up
Wednesday: Laundry for boys~ clothes, sheets, towels
Thursday: Clean bathrooms, straighten up
Friday: Laundry for girls~ clothes, sheets, towels and iron
Saturday: Floors and Rosie does her laundry
Sunday: Rest!!!
{Some days I can work some of my cleaning in during school especially laundry and other things have to be done after rest time.}
 
Helper Chart:
I sat down today and created a super simple 'Helper Chart' for the kids.
They are really great about helping me but is often hap hazzard.
Now they will have a list of Have To jobs and Pick One~
Have To Do jobs are done before school 
and the Pick One jobs are done when school is complete. 
They move their clip to appropriate job and get busy.
I chose to call this a Helping Chart as opposed to Chore Chart because it just sounds a little more positive.
I don't want them to see jobs as a negative choice!
I look forward to getting this new procedure underway on Tuesday.
 
Colossians 3:23
Work willingly at whatever you do, 
as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
 
  
 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I've been going back and forth with cleaning all at once or doing it a little bit at a time. I think I need to continue one chore each day. I don't think Addie could stay occupied that long of a time by herself, even if I plan things for her to do. Just too young yet! Anyway, thanks for sharing - I'll probably copy this and adapt for my house. :) Love your chore chart too - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have always called chores "Family Service" - because we are in a family, we serve! Thanks for sharing your organizational ideas. It's always nice to see how someone else manages their home!
    Anne
    www.eightinarizona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have always called chores "Family Service" - because we are in a family, we serve! Thanks for sharing your organizational ideas. It's always nice to see how someone else manages their home!
    Anne
    www.eightinarizona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have always called chores "Family Service" - because we are in a family, we serve! Thanks for sharing your organizational ideas. It's always nice to see how someone else manages their home!
    Anne
    www.eightinarizona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete